Wednesday, June 15, 2005

leonard

I learned about Leonard before he ever started attending Grace Felllowship. In our small community news travels fast and his traumatic illness that left him near death was the subject of prayer even at our local congregation.

I met him several years later when he and his wife started attending Grace. Unfortunately, much of the time since he has wrestled with a number of illnesses culminating in his death yesterday morning.

The last time I saw Leonard in the hospital he said to me, "I just want to go home. I am tired." A couple of weeks later he was at the church for the first time in several months. I saw him come in the back door--I encouraged him to do that so he could make an easy exit if he got to feeling bad--and I raced back to greet him and to tell him how glad I was to see him. He smiled and hugged me back.

That is the last time I saw him. He left before the service was over.

Leonard is with with the Lord. We rejoice!

See you in heaven, Leonard!

1 comment:

Tony in Hawaii said...

Hi Dale,
it's tony kawaguchi, and i'm reading your blog. thanks for your thoughts.

i would love to hear about how you planted the church, since i'm starting a church plant right now.