Thursday, June 09, 2005

anniversaries

Bev and I celebrated our eighth anniversary yesterday. Well, we didn't really celebrate--it was a work day-- but we will "officially" celebrate after church on Sunday with a short trip to the ocean, reminiscent of our honeymoon destination.

Wedding anniversaries are special days. Someone I know is celebrating their 65th in July, and and some other friends recently celebrated their 50th. Anniversaries commemorating our faitfhul commitment to our wedding vows--"for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health...until death parts us"--are noteworthy in a time when wedding vows seem to be more reflective of "as long as we love each other", "as long as we are happy", or, "until I find a better deal".

Beverly is God's gift to me and I celebrate her "until death parts us".

1 comment:

Tim said...

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dale. So glad the Lord brought you together! Dale you have been a great blessing and friend.

I'm encouraged to see you sticking with the blog thing. You need to rope in your readers with some questions. Do you have any idea who is reading along?