Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Staff meetings and other meetings

Tuesdays are a busy day for me. Usually at 6 a.m. I head off to a men's Bible study with 5-6 of my favorite people. At 7:30 I have a weekly building meeting with my faithful crew and at 9:00-12:00 I havea variety of meetings with staff personnel--Dan Simpson, Mark Johnson, Ward Willoughby, John Magsayo.

I love these meetings. I never dread them. Keith Kerr, Paul Wesseler, John Walsh, Steve Krieshok, Steve Wigelsworth, Rick Floyd--these are my early Bible study buddies. We are a doctor, a pharmacist, a high school English teacher, a salesman, a building ciontractor, an insurance company owner...and me, a usually tired pastor. In fact, I missed today. But I don't have to lead the discussion; I just get to be with my friends, and almost always, I leave refreshed.

Our building crew--Dan Simpson, Mike Stromberg and Bob Allen--meet with our contractor to review what is going on with the construction of our new facility. Sometimes it is pretty serious, and occasionally even frustrating, but we have developed a mutual respect for one another and it is always for me a productive time.

Our staff meetings are times of dreaming, planning, reflecting, trouble-shooting, praying, seeking counsel from one another. They recently have included a devotional from Pastor Ward who sets the tone with his wisdom and insight from the Word. I have a weekly agenda but we leave the door open to talk about the things that are often on our hearts as we seek to minister to the needs of a growing family.

About 5-6 hours later I am usually finished. But I am generally not tired. Today I am refreshed and encouraged. We have dreamed together, planned together, prayed together, and God has been with us. And I am glad we all met!

No comments: