Thursday, April 21, 2005

I missed an appointment

I was pretty embarassed today when my secretary tracked me down and asked "Did you forget your 3 p.m. appointment?" "With whom?", I asked incredulously. She named the party and sickening moment of realization crept over my mind. It was an appointment I made Sunday morning and forgot to transfer to my computer calendar.

When I called the party they were understandably disappointed. I apologized but my words seemed hollow, even to me. When I asked if we could reschedule, their response was less than enthusiastic.

I was suddenly struck with the realization why I so desperately need grace (as if I need a reminder). In spite of how well-intentioned I may be, I drop the ball, and the results of that embarass me, and sometimes hurt others.

Theprize for me is that several hours later the "offended party" called back and apologized to me for being rude (they really weren't), and rescheduled.

I am blessed daily by God's grace. Someone else's grace extended to me is a bonus!

No comments: