Monday, July 11, 2005

A GREAT SUNDAY!

What makes a "great" Sunday? I guess it is a purely subjective question and so I am blogging from my pespective as a pastor.

*Great worship--we really sang on Sunday and there was a spirit of rejoicing, especially in the second service.

*Great fellowship--there are some Sundays where it seems we are really in tune with one another. There is great sharing and nobody seems to want to leave...just like this Sunday.

*Great teaching--Pastor Mark did a terrific job of teaching our adult Sunday School lesson from Titus 1. (Many of you are missing out on this rich time of instruction).

*Great listening--as I preached Sunday it was inspiring to see our people paying attention to the Word of God, listening, taking notes, and even responding.

*Great expectations--I heard people saying, "I can't wait until next week!"

What makes any Sunday great is the sense that God is present with us. Thanks, Lord, for meeting with us!

No comments: