Saturday, May 14, 2005

SATURDAYS

Sunday is such a big day that I like to reserve Saturdays for myself. Usually yard work is high on the priority list (it helps me relax), maybe a walk and some contemplative reading on my deck.

Today is not such a Saturday. I speak at a Teacher Training Seminar this morning, have a meeting with a member of our Board of Deacons, participate in a birthday party for a close friend, and then attend a Choraliers Concert in which some of our church people perform. I should be done about 10 p.m. tonight.

Which is not how I like to spend my Saturdays.

I realized this morning that my Saturday is like most people's Sunday. It is the day they want to sleep in, rest, go for a drive, take a walk...do what they want to do.

But on Sundays they get up, head for Sunday School and church and worship the Lord.

I decided not to complain about my Saturdays.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I like your blog. It's nice and, well, kind of peaceful, is the word I want to use, I guess. Anyway, God Bless and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Found you from the referring webpages list I have set up on my blog. Not sure how you found my site or whoever it was found it from here, but it's been nice reading your posts.