Sunday, November 01, 2009

sunday sundries


Every Sunday is an adventure but today was especially exciting...


*I taught the concluding class of an eight week class on "Rebuilding Bruised and Broken Relationships" (probably a subject to be taught every year...)


*I preached another message from a series taken from I Thessalonians; today's study was from 4:9-12 and was entitled, "Simple Rules for Daily Life" (turns out, they aren't that "simple"...)


*Bev and I visited a young mother and father whose first baby was born yesterday afternoon! (I held the baby...)


*We "lunched" at a Japanese restaurant with two special church families ( I skipped the sushi...)


*We visited a young man whose wife died a year ago; we came to his estate sale to get some books his wife and set aside for me...and tried to encourage him as he walks through his grief (lots of old books!)


*We visited an elderly woman who is dying from cancer; her family was gathered around her as we prayed for her imminent "home-going" (she's a believer...)


We came home tired, but rejoicing in the opportunities this Sunday provided us for sharing with the family of God.


It is like that every week...no wonder we feel blessed!






No comments: