Tuesday, May 01, 2012

a trusted friend

Yesterday I spent some time with a trusted friend.  Though we are very close we seldom have time to really just sit and visit.

Yesterday was different.

We went to a local restaurant and bought sandwiches and salads.

We took a short drive to the Mokelumne River, a few miles from where we both live.

We sat on some hastily-grabbed picnic chairs next to the river's edge and ate lunch.

We mostly sat and listened to the water.

We walked for an hour, occasionally talking, but intentionally listening to birds and frogs punctuating the silence.

We climbed back into the car--now hastily ushered back into the reality of our busy world--and reflected upon how good it was just to spend time together.

I thank God for my trusted friend.

My wife.

1 comment:

Cierra Pera said...

So sweet! Looking forward to times like those with my trusted friend too!