Monday, April 23, 2012

Digging out of the Duldrums

It's Monday and I'm feeling the weightiness of transition.  I'm tired, feeling isolated, and disconnected.

I've retreated to my other office and am working through my feelings and emotions, knowing that they are not reliable reference points for decison-making.

I am also reminding myself that worry is counter productive and, more improtantly, sinful, for it separates me from the more appropriate response to anxiety of prayer.

I read from the Psalms for my devotions this morning and was directed there again a few minutes ago to Psalm 116:1, "I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I mwillc all on Him as long as I live."

David's context for those words seem a bit more egregious than mine--"The cords of death strangled me...", "I was overcome by trouble and sorrow..."

David's next words are where I want to be, "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."

I am calling on the Lord--He has always been faithful to meet my needs.  I know He hears me. 

I think I'll take a nap. (It's my day off...)



1 comment:

Cierra Pera said...

Well anytime you feel disconnected you and Bev and MORE than welcome to come over here and get enough 'connection' to last a week I am sure. Change is hard. I'm praying for you.