Wednesday, August 10, 2011

credit card and counseling

So I lost my credit card...could not find it. Looked for it, retraced my steps, called my friends, checked business establishments where I had been to see if I had left it. Result: lost credit card.

Some friends of mine getting ready to leave town for a few weeks desperately want me to counsel with a relative who is going through a dfficult time. I go to their house to try to make contact but he is not there. They leave and I promise I will try somehow to locate him while they are gone and to connect. Result: frustration.

How do these two stories relate?

Tuesday I am assuring my wife that I will find the credit card as soon as I can...and standing at the door--at the very same time--is this individual with whom I have committed to making contact--with my credit card in his hand! While trying to visit at this home last week, my credit card fell out, and he, having just found it, brought it to me.

Coincidence...?

Or, maybe that's just how God works. That's my conclusion. A lost credit card brought us together and I was able to give counsel and, hopefully, encouragement.

Isn't it cool how God works?!? Result: thankfulness.

No comments: