Thursday, January 16, 2014

At HOME

For seventeen years Amador County was my home...and a good one, at that.

I had a great fulfilling job, a wonderful group of friends, a beautiful home, family nearby...and the beauty of the surrounding area--from the towering mountains and snow of Lake Tahoe to the vineyards and rolling hills of the Shenandoah Valley.

I have missed my home and all of the memories associated with it.

But recently I have begun to feel at home in San Luis Obispo County.  There are a lot of reasons for that, including, two sons (and their wives), eight grandchildren, the Pacific Ocean, Grace SLO Church, and the general beauty of the area, even though the hills are brown--not green--due to the drought we are experiencing.

I am also slowly building my counseling business, and, recently, began teaching a SS Marriage Seminar and attending a church growth group.  I am getting involved at church and beginning to meet the wonderful people of our new church family.

And, we are making friends; we have discovered that is a challenging process because we have special friendships that we have made in Amador County that we will always hold close to our hearts and treasure--and those friendships may be enough.  But God is leading new people into our lives as well.

We are thankful.

We attended Grace Fellowship Church a few weeks ago and were warmly-received.  We saw my family over the holidays and celebrated the Christmas season together.  We "oohed" and "awed" at the residual fall colors still present in Amador County (the seasons are less conspicuous on the Central Coast).  And I felt a little sad when we headed home.

But I knew...I was heading home.



1 comment:

Straight Arrow said...

Home is where the heart is -right.