Thursday, December 19, 2013

Building my faith...no reason to worry

When I wrote a couple of weeks ago I talked about the challenge of building my support team for our ministry in Haiti, and how much I have dreaded the task.  Last year the theme Bev and I adopted was "Walk by faith" and it has been was exciting to see how God had made those words literally come to life for us.  He has presented challenges for us to face and resources with which to face them.

God has been building my faith, so it is another step of courage to share our theme for 2014--"No reason to worry!"  Now that will require some more internal surgery by the Great Physician! Philippians 4:4-6 are the verses I quote most often and the verses I most often ignore.  Go figure.  But as we have been learning towalk by faith--largely, because we have to!--we have also discovered that the process of worrying (though still present) is beginning to diminish.

Even as I write I am aware of some of my worries--coping with the aging process, understanding semi-retirement and its quirks (and perks), building my counseling business, making good choices about my time, discovering new ministries-- I confess, I am not yet "worry-free".

But I am making progress, thanks be to God!  

The "No reason to worry" moniker will be a hard one to recite when tension is mounting and anxiety is surfacing.  But it is our prayer that as we face the challenges of once again building our support team for ministry and figuring out how to live our new life on the Central Coast to the glory of God, that we will  continue to "walk by faith"...and declare with conviction, "No reason to worry!"


No comments: