Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"The Ministry of Prayer"

My mother will be ninety next year...a hard fact to digest.  I never think of her as old and her mind remains as sharp as ever.

I recently was telling her how significant her contribution was to my life--and literally hundreds of others--through her faithfulness in prayer.  I write a short simple poem about this to her on Sunday afternoon after a long conversation we shared together.

The Ministry of Prayer
(from a grateful son to a praying mother)

The seasons of life
Sometimes seem unfair.
We question our worth
As we seek God in prayer.

And when we approach Him
We find Him there
Imploring us to serve Him
In the ministry of prayer.

The demands of young life
Make such ministry rare.
The priorities of life
May diminish our prayer.

Life often slows down
Less responsibility to share
But a greater opportunity 
To minister in prayer.

Others won't see it
But we really don't care
For the Father above
Sees our ministry of prayer.

I want you to know
The best gift you share
Is your faithfulness to God
In your ministry of prayer.

That's for you mom...





\







No comments: