Monday, June 04, 2012

A meeting...by chance?

As I was walking to lunch last week a familiar face caught my attention, and within moments we were catching up and she was saying, "I can't believe I saw you today".

What followed was the sad story of her mother;s debilitating health and her recent placement with Hospice.  My friend;s father had died two years ago and I had the porivilege as a Hospice chaplain of walking with the family through his final months.

And now it was happening with her mother, who had been told she had from two weeks to six months to live.

For whatever reasons,we had not yet made ther Hospice conenction and now I was ushdered once again into the family's grieving process.

The next day I was at her mother's home and we prayed together, affirming her faith.  She was sitting up, in good spirits and responsive.  A week later she was dead.

It wa snot as meeting by chance.  I believe--and so does her daughter--it was God-ordained. 

When you're walking to lunch, keep your heart and eyes open.  God may have something or someone special in mind for you!

No comments: