Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The best team I ever played on

I've been on lots of sports teams, playing high school, college and city league basketball.  I've also been involved in team ministries at four different churches.  I've been called to serve on denominational leadership teams and participated in team-teaching ventures in foreign countries.

Each of these to be successful requires a melding together of talents and abilities and a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the efforts of the team successful in attaining their goals and reaching their objectives.

Having just completed a special event at Grace Fellowship, the church where I currently pastor, I am prepared to say this is the best team I've been privileged to be partners with.  Here's why...

1.  Everyone shares the "glory", deflecting it to others who have helped carry the load.

2.  Each person does their job with excellence, with the highest level of professionalism.

3.  Everyone enjoys the task, jointly committed to the objective of reaching a common goal.

4.  Each person follows through in organizing, delegating and finishing up.

5.  Everyone serves as a volunteer, often donating their own resources to accomplish a task.

We just honored our pastor of seniors who is retiring.  The team I picked--that was my part of the responsibility!--went beyond the proverbial call of duty and provided for our honored guest an  afternoon to be remembered.

Good job team! I'm proud to have been one of you!

No comments: