Friday, December 10, 2010

Three weeks after.....

The elections in Haiti have taken place and there is anarchy in the streets. Iread s hort summary from the ECONOMIST yesterday, "Convinced that the government is trying to steal the election. demonstrators threw rubble, burned barricades and set fire to the ruling party's headquarters. Airlines cancelled flights to Haiit...to their welter of reasons--the exclusion of some political parties, a raging cholera epidemic, and the disenfranchisement of many on votng day--they can now add an electoral council that doesn't know how to count..."

I have been visiting with my friend, Gilbert, and inr esponse tot he crisis he wrote these words to me two days ago,

"By the way, the news is niot so good about the eleciton... we will continue to pray for peace. When it seem there is no hope, then God appears and provideds. I can't wait for that day. In the meantime, I am making lot of plans for my business of preaching the gospel..."

Join me in prayer for our Christian brothers and sisters in Haiti stanidng faithful in the midst of physical, political and spiritual storms.

No comments: