Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dallas, here we come!

I will be gone for the next week visiting children and grandchildren in the Dallas area. They are just digging out of over a foot of snow--an unlikely phenomenon in their neck of the woods.

I am ready for this trip--I have not been to Dallas for a year, so I am anxious to see family. In preparation for the trip I took the day off and rested and, as a result, should be in rare form when we get off the plane! Usually, we run until we leave and then arrive exhausted, get caught up the first few days, and then it is time to go home...still exhasuted.

I love Jesus' invitation to come to Him and find "rest"; I am grateful to God for the rest He gives when we come to Him and yoke oursleves to His strength.

Dallas, here we come, rested and ready for the grandkids!

No comments: