Monday, November 10, 2008

good-bye

People move on...when they leave the church I serve--often for a variety of reasons--I always have to process how I feel about that.. Whatever the case, I always feel bad...and sad.

A close friend is joining a parachurch organization and will spend most of his time in Alabama. It is a good thing he is doing, but I will miss him.

A family in our church who have served well will be moving to Southern California and relocating for work. It is difficult to see them leave because they are such a viable part of our church family.

That's the whole thing in a nutshell, I guess. We are family. And we hate to lose those we have come to love.

They will be missed, but they will, hopefully, make a similar impact in another part of the family of God. Though we will be for the moment sad here...we will be glad for their new home.

Good-bye and God bless!

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

that is a difficult part of the church family. so many beautiful relationships that are hard to let go of. heaven will be grand!

jerry's parents are attending a revival this weekend led by herb anderson...i don't know him, you may not either?...maybe he preceded you at CREMC, anyway...just another example of long standing relationships!

R Alexander said...

Hey, heard that you had a blog. I actually went to the revival to hear Herb and sang for them. Saw several of the "old" friends..including the Gibsons! Don't know if you heard or not but I got married a little over a year and a half ago. God is good all the time. Glad I found your blog. I am on facebook and have reconnected with lots of folks. My page is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=550918132&ref=profile
you can check it out and find out more about my life than you probably want to know.