Thursday, February 06, 2014

A "day off"

Tomorrow I have a "day off".

Currently, there is nothing on my calendar and Bev and I have determined that nothing shall invade or "corrupt" our coveted "day off".

A "day off" is new jargon in my new world.  In my former work place there was an expectation that I would take time off but more often than not, being a self-confessed "workaholic", I worked even on my "day off". It became a joke around the house about which phone call I would answer and which "emergency" I would respond to.  It was not the church's fault; it was all on me.

With my semi-retired status I am discovering the joy of a "day off" but acknowledging, as well, the opportunity to answer three questions relevant to my stewardship of this gift-- How can I glorify God? How can I serve my wife?  How can I enjoy myself?

I am not sure about tomorrow's agenda--Bev says we can't have one--but I am confident this gift from God will be used wisely and we will return to the regimen of life with renewed energy and purpose.

Take a "day off"...and enjoy it!











No comments: