Friday, May 07, 2010

two buddies and breakfast


One of the things I value most in my life is my relationship with some long-time friends. I met with two of them for breakfast this morning and we spent most of the morning talking about our lives--mostly our stuff,and the fact that we had more than enough, and that we are committed to spending our lives wisely as we "round the final turn for home".

We have been influenced by the book, THE HOLE IN OUR GOSPEL, as well as our mutual concern for the spreading of the gospel to the spiritually and physically poor.

I had two eggs, hash browns, corn beef hash and an English muffin for breakfast, half of which I left on my plate. I have been thinking about the pure waste in that alone. Thankfully, one of my buddies paid for my breakfast...so my guilst is assuaged a little!

It is good to have two buddies like this--and a good breakfast in my belly. It reminds me how blessed I am...and how much more we can do with less stuff, a smaller breakfast, and a fully-committed heart for ministry!

No comments: