Thursday, June 11, 2009

cousin's camp


In a few days Beverly and I will take seven of our eleven grandchidlren--ages 5-12) to our timeshare in Lake Tahoe and "spoil" them!

We want to invest in our grandchildren some unforgettable memories. They all have super Christian parents and come from great supportive environments. Still, we hope we have something to add to their lives that will affirm what they probably have already been taught and learned.

Our theme is EXPLORATION EXPPEDITION, and we will be exploring our Creator through His Word, His creation through field trips and hiking challenges and our own creativity through craft projects each day. I have written a camp song and I thought I'd share the words below (to the tune of "I may never march in the infantry...")
"I'm an Explorer for Truth"

First verse:
I'm excited to see bugs and wildflowers
Waterfalls and mountnain towers
Sunshine and morning showers,
I've discovered God in His creative powers,
I'm an explorer for truth.

Chorus
I'm an explorer for truth
I'm an explorer for truth.
I will search God's Word as I start the day
Walk in His perfect way,
Choose what I do and say,
I will share my heart as I come to pray,
I'm an explorer for truth.

Second verse:
I'm enjoying searching God's holy Word
Looking for things I've heard
Having my heart assured.
I've discovered believing God is not absurd,
I'm an explorer for truth.

I'll give you an updated account of our adventure when I return in a week...

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

can't wait to hear more about and see some pics of the camp! i love this idea of yours and have hinted about it to our parents many times!

i love the lyrics to the song you wrote! i think i'll teach our girls this new version!!!

kerry

Cierra Pera said...

Oh Dale! I just love you and Bev! Your grandkids are very blessed to have you. Can you be my kids grandparent too?