Wednesday, March 05, 2008

sunshine


The last few days have been pristine in amador County. A little cold, and a little windy...but crystal blue sky, "greening" hills and the first bursts of spring color.


And a whole lot of sunshine!


Yesterday several of our staff members took our lunches outside and sat underneath the comforting warmth of the eaely afternoon sun.


Last night, just before the sun slipped away for its evening "rest", I stood on my deck and breathed in deeply the diminishing rays of the sun as it vanished behind a mountain on the western horizon.


And this m0rning, when I rountinely went to get my morning paper from the front yard, I stopped for a moment, looked up into the sky above and whispered an invigorated "Thank you, Jesus" to the heavens.


What is it about the sun and sunshine? Psalm 84:11 tells us "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless."


As to the future, Jesus says, "...the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father...", Matthew 13:43.


No wonder I love the sun!

No comments: