Thursday, April 04, 2013

Two months later

It is hard to believe two months have passed since I officially retired from my role at Grace Fellowship Church.  Here are some observations two months later...

*We just completed an eighteen day break--a retirement reward we planned for ourselves--which included a stop at the Giant's spring training (four games), a trip to Sedona and Bev's first view of the Grand Canyon. We took our trailer and enjoyed the beautiful scenery along the way.

*We have taken another step in our transition to San Luis Obispo, listing our house for sale this week,  This is a difficult step as we love Amador County but is part of our semi-retirement plan.  Eight grandchildren await us there!

*My counseling business is keeping me busy but my office lease expires June 1st; if we are still in the area I will be identifying another counseling/coaching setting.

*I continue to work for Hospice; this gives me great joy, though it is sometimes very taxing work.  I work just a  few hours each week but a provides a forum for me to utilize my pastoral training and is fulfilling for me.

*Our work in Haiti through TLC continues to grow.  I will be traveling there May 11-21, and again in August (joined by Logan) and November.  I have been recently certified to teach materials printed in French by BCTP (check out online) that will be very useful in our curriculum for our pastoral training institute.  Thanks to friends who helped provide $3500 for textbooks for our New testament Survey class. This is keeping me busy as teams traveled to Haiti in February and March, holding ten VBS's reaching over 3000 children, renovating a church-school and holding a leadership seminar for 225 pastors.

"How is retirement?" is a familiar question..  I remind my friends I am semi-retired BUT I am enjoying the freedom and discretionary time this season of life provides.

Thanks for your love and prayers; we are doing well!


No comments: