Thursday, June 17, 2010

prayer meeting

Seven joined us at our recent all-church prayer meeting for our unsaved loved ones. I was thankful for those who came and committed to the task of interceding for those we love who don't know Christ. I was encouraged as we prayed by the empathy we expressed to one another as we recounted the general needs of those we loved.

I was reminded of a song we used to sing when I was a teenager at church on prayer meeting nights...

"Someone is praying for you,
Someone is praying for you,
And when you think you're all alone and your heart would break in two,
Remember, someone is praying for you."

Though we were a handful, I believe our hearts were joined together in a special way and that our prayers together were honored by God.

Maybe you'd like to join us next time...

No comments: